R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Markiempje
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A.Wojtecki
I'm looking for some help with the setup for a Tekin RS Pro with GM 13.5 (1600 Gauss version) in a fairly small indoor carpet track. My current settings are as follows:

Neutral width: 10
Throttle Profile: 4
Timing boost: 25
Turbo boost: 0
Sensored mode
End rpm: 10001
start rpm: 2721
FDR: 6.74

I checked the temperature of the motor at the end of the run and found it was 50 degrees C (which seemed just about all right, though I wouldn't want it to get any hotter). The problem was that it had fairly good punch in the infield but had absolutely no straight line speed for the end of the straight. I tried playing with the gearing but I didn't really see much change in overall lap time (it seemed to get only a little faster when I went up a tooth but became more difficult to drive in the infield), and I dare not put any more timing boost on as the motor has 30 degrees timing inbuilt anyway. I also doubt that turbo would help as the straight is too short at only 18 metres long. So in short I'm not really sure where to get the speed from - as at the moment it feels slower than my old LRP Sphere.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Many Thanks
with a 13.5 on an indoor track you can easily run more timing. try 40 to 45 on the boost. also turbo can get you some kick but only if used correctly. i think you can get a good extra speed with the boost. as you already do, just keep measuring your motor during the setupping of the RS pro. when working with higher values of timing you are creating more amp draw and more heat. but with 50deg C and just 25 of boost you are way on the safe side. however, for your best feeling and for the safety of your equipment you should increase the timing features in small steps so you know what the temperature is doing.

good luck