R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:01 AM
didrace
Tech Regular

Default Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!!

The last two races i lost the competition due to my engine and clutch. Its been two years now i am running the o.s vspec but not the speed. I used to run the stock kyosho aluminium clutch setup both on my st-rr and mp9 but i had quite a few bearing failures, so i then switch to the mip buggy clutch and i was suprised how smooth and flowless is oparating but the last two races the springs loose and on the accelaration the engine was struggling. I also have one vspec that needs rebuilding so i came here to ask which is the best engine, and the best pipe for that engine and which is the most popular clutch setup. When i say best i mean first of all reliable and then fast.. Cause i dont want an engine than will run for 4-5 gallons and then i will need a rebuild. But at the same time i need the engine to be powerfull enough so that i will do the long jumps and also fast enough on the straights.

as soon as i get enough help i have 400 euros ready and if i need more next week i will have more for buying the what you guys recomend.

Btw the engine will be running either on an st-rr,xray xb808,mp9. but if its not useable foor a truggy then no problem.

Thanks.