R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR quit being stupid
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 AM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I pester Vareck every day. He'd be lost without me, back to the point though the track we have here will not let you race or even practice if you are not a roar member. If you are not a member you are not covered by the insurance and the track will not assume liability for you. I just find it strange that different tracks have different rules. What's the point of having roar insurance if the tracks are not going to use it?
I have only. Once seen the type of situation you are describing , it didn't last long

I believe that if you are not a roar member you have to sign a waiver releasing said. Track of all liability along with roars insur. Coverage . I know it works , seen it many times over the years . There is no waiver for a ROAR sanctioned event though

I am in no way saying this is "ok" with roar or anything of the such but I have seen it happen.

ROAR used to be a pretty prestigeous racing body , anymore it has definitely fallen by the wayside and has also got to share its place with many other series/governing bodies so to speak . Such as rcpro for one