R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of stock class?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 11:46 AM
TimPotter
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dino, your points are not off ( IMHO ) but ultimately what are you after ? For a sanctioning body ( ROAR ) to put limits on stock, to try and bring more people in the hobby, or to make it easier ?

I think the sanctioning body has a problem with something like that, as it is a double edged sword. My opinion, the local club is there to try and help the new guys out,and the sanctioning body is there to bring them along to a new level as well as help the club out. < which I do not think ROAR has done to an acceptable level.

Really , the club should try and introduce "Local classes" to help increase thier following, much the same way SCCA has regional classes, but those classes are not always "National Classes"

If we want people to go slower, ( good for beginners ) then we introduce a local mabuchi class. If it is popular then it will spread, much like the 19t class has of late. What I would lkie to see is one common stock reg across the planet, Be it 27t or 23t, whichever... actually lets say 30t

Maybe I am Off base here, but just my .02