R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SCRT10/HYPER 10 fragility questions
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
SaladFork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
OK i have been through every thread because im trying to make a decision on what 4wd sc to buy to race.

the only thing im getting a mixed review on is the fragility of the jammin. Im not a great driver.. hell im not even a good driver.. so Im more leaning to the Hyper..

whats your take on how sturdy the trucks are?
What it usually boils down to is what does the LHS stock for parts and with that said I know the LHS around where you and I live have zero parts support for Jammin or Hyper. I am a crappy driver and beat the crap out of my SCRT. So far the drive train has been solid. I have broken 2 a-arms and bent the turn buckles each time. Busted two stock bumpers and busted both front and rear body mounts on 1 shot.

I upgraded to the SNR stuff and it's been solid. The weak area is defiantly the front a-arms and bumper. T-Bone makes a nice bumper to replace the stock one, or the SC10 bumper works great I ran it up until last week and it was bullet proof. Over all the arms are the issue but everything else after I spent a few bucks on upgrades has been solid.

I owned a Hyper before the Jammin and drove it WAY less and it never had an issue but it also hasn't seen the beating my SCRT has. Both are great trucks, IMO I would still go with the Jammin, was not a fan of pillow balls.