R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ramping ESC's
Thread: Ramping ESC's
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
I agree with this post whole-heartedly!!! And let's not forget a couple of other issues like- without RAMPING tech, we go back to messing with the esc parameter frequencies (folks complained about that); then the issue of different rotor sizes (folks complained about that); then the issue of not all BL motors timing are the same....the LRP X12 has their way of timing their motors (min.'s & max.'s). And so does SpeedPassion, Novak, Tekin and whoever the hell else you wanna throw in the mix.

So all of you who are snatch-scratchin' over these ramping esc's.....I HAVE YET to hear the reason for handicapping ourselves, let alone address all the past issues that has been mentioned.
The bottom line is this- Do you think your car is too fast? If so, who's fault is that? The rest of us who can handle a 17.5 motor with ramping tech? Pull the 17.5 OUT OF YOUR CAR and motor down. You can still run with the 17.5 guys if you want, but guess what....you're still getting lapped and pulling the hell over for guys who are just better drivers than you. Just because your buddy can handle it doesn't mean you can. Yeah, I can go out there and run MOD with Kody, rITCHIE, and Brett. But guess what? I'm pulling my ass over to let them by and then tuck in behind them and try and LEARN their line. But how dare I whine and moan and gripe about how fast MY car is, and try and force them to motor down or handicap their equipment. I chose to run the class for pete's sake!!

It's all about learning curve. I spent almost 3years chasing rITCHIE around local tracks until I could hang with him. And in that time prolly only won a couple of races. Once I learned set-up and got tremendous stick time, only then was I ever in the top 3-5 at SIR on a given day.

Guys want speed and skills that come outta a bottle. Listen closely- IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. If it could, we all would be slurping it up. How often do we get to go to the track and hone our skills? Not very many days here in the PNW. Its a shame that SIR isn't around anymore, because alot of us that's been around there- LIVED THERE!!

I apologize if this angers folks but in all seriousness....I'm not here to smile in your face and pat you on the back and say everything's gonna be okay. I wanna kick ya in your whiny little asses....guys we've got bigger fish with OUR RACING than RAMPING ESC's....4real

See everybody Saturday at Fasttracks....holla if you see me
whatchu you whining about now JayBee? how you doin' man? when you coming down south to join us at TCS?