R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LIPO Battery???.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Zachfeen
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
Whoa calm down, Timbulb.

And Driver86, my argument is that low-cost Li-pos won't give you the same performance as would a top name Li-po (i.e. SMC, Orion, Checkpoint, and the like) during its lifetime. AND, during that shorter lifetime, you won't get as good as performance as you would with expensive, high-quality Li-pos.

Look at it like this: Buying AA dry cells for your transmitter vs. Buying a Li-po pack (high quality!!!!) for your transmitter. At first, if you go with AAs, it may seem like a good idea, but you'll just have to buy more AAs because of their shorter lifespan. Buying a Li-po pack will be the higher cost initially, but it will pay for itself.

Just consider that.
Do you have any evidence that backs up your argument? Without evidence, it is just talk. Like I posted above, I have owned tp packs and turnigy/zippy packs. I could not tell the difference between them when they were new and after over 100 cycles my zippy's still perform the same they did when they were new. And how do you define high quality?? They all have the same cells in them, they are just put together in different countries.