R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 09:27 PM
williamw
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
do u think i could go brushless and keep up with the nitro?? what body would i use for the buggy body? and i do have a older truggy chassis i could use if needed?
You can set up an electric car to run as fast or faster than a nitro version, but your not going to run for very long and it gets expensive real fast because of batteries. The buggy chassis is probably the right length for a GT body and the truggy may work with the GT2 (longer bodies), but I think the Losi truggy chassis is going to be too long.
I would not be susprised to see a 2 speed from Losi soon. Thats all they need to compete against the Ofna DM1 spec and Kyosho GT/GT2 cars. If you read back a bunch of pages or search for it, someone else was doing the same thing you want to do. He was looking for a 2 speed that would fit between the stock center diff mounts. There is not much room to work with in the Losi but I bet it would be fast even as a single speed and the right onroad engine (read high dollar Novarossi screamer).

If you look back, there are pictures of my electric GT with a Mamba monster system. The Infernos and MP777s are easy to convert to GT cars.

Good luck.

Last edited by williamw; 06-23-2010 at 06:05 AM.