R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SVRC Raceway DuBois PA
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 PM
SVRC
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys, I have nothing against 1/8 vehicles. There were a few reasons I built a tenth scale track; 1) There has been no racing in this area for over
20+ years. so, the cost factor of getting started will come into play. Gotta keep it cheap to start. SC will be the most cost effective way to go and the entry level will be big for the first few years. 2) The cost and maintenance on an 1/8 scale track is greater, I can only fund one project at a time and I'm the only one working on the track. 3) I hate to say it because i am considering building an 1/8 scale track here too is that electric is on its way back in, and nitro out. The technology shift in electric is incredible and the overall cost is going to be cheaper in the long run. History shows that 1/10 scale has been here the longest and has always survived reguardless of the economy or the increase in nitro technology. Again not putting down nitro, because I do like nitro 1/10 scale but 1/8 nitro will perish just as the 1/10 scale nitro became extinct.

Last edited by SVRC; 06-22-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: error