R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 04:39 PM
hambone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Thanks for another great day of racing. Myself and sons had a great time and the food was awesome. So, my wife has never cooked pork like that Rob and I need instructions as far as purchasing and cooking. It tasted awesome. Thanks again to Terri for the headache relief and Allen for hosting a facility where we can all come together for a good time. Hope to see everyone at your next scheduled race. Probably will have the young guy back to running a truggy by then. Nothing better than getting home at 1:00 in the morning and still hearing nitro engines in your head.
I'm glad you guys liked the pork. Wasn't sure if many people up here would enjoy southern cooking. Now i'm needing to make some pinto beans with smoked ham hocks. I'll do shoulders for LCRC the next race and after that for drums we need to do bbq chicken and corn cooked over a smokey fire. Not sure why we haven't been doing this all along. I'll be glad to share the pork recipe with y'all. It's a must to have a smoker or better yet a weber kettle grill. Bringing food is a great way to support and be a part of a track. After driving 2-3 hrs one way to race my first 2 seasons it's quite nice to see a track that's 20 min away starting to establish itself as a top notch facility that's here to stay. Now everybody knows to bring the swimsuits for the family since Allen & Terri have invited us all to use their pool. I can see this getting ugly around 2am!