R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mamba Max Pro
Thread: Mamba Max Pro
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Tron
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
This is the exact problem that I had; and I really liked my 9100s servo but it just wouldn't work well - even with a single (spektrum) capacitor installed.... so, I installed a 4800S that I had laying around an it turned the wheels, just not with the authority and speed of the 9100S. PLUS, it had some voltage drop even with the 4800S. I talked with Tech Support at Castle and their thought was that 'if you're going to use a super servo like the 9100S you need to use an external BEC', and guess what????? They're absolutly right!!!! I hate to add addtional 'stuff' to my trucks - like them simple and to the point but the external BEC is necessary if you're going to run the 9100S and/or any other high draw/high speed servo.

BUT, now I don't have any voltage drop, the servo works as designed and my personal transponder counts every lap!!!!!!

The MMP is an excellent, efficient speed control with this one bit of 'character' - certainly not enough to make me give up on it!!!!
Chris thanks...I too will pick up the external BEC. The JR servo has always been on my want list and I was a little miffed it didn't work flawlessly...also if I was going to move toward an external BEC maybe I should also just get a HV servo and run it a 7.4v? There are some good HV servos out there.