View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 04:50 AM
Bumpy
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 17.5 at 3.9 fdr?

Originally Posted by Gav- View Post
Ran my SXX SS MK2 with X12 17.5 at a very large track today. 4 dot, 3.9FDR, 3.6.5.7

It was very quick, with the best top speed, and plenty of poke in the middle. I was running IP Intellect 5000 40C, and on two of the finals the car just shut down. Motor temp at 85C, ESC temp at 45C. At first I thought it was the battery, as it happened right at the end of the 5 mins race (the first time 2 corners from the finish line), and I could turn the ESC off, and back on again and it ran again. Used a different battery, and the same thing happened again (just after I crossed the finish line the second time thankfully). I also had turned the lipo cutoff on the ESC off for this run.

Anyone had an issue like this, or have any ideas why this happened?
That seems very low on the FDR. I would try dropping a couple pinion teeth to be around FDR 5.5ish or higher. Try that with 4 dot(motor), 3.6.8.2. Another thing to look at is the 'initial brake', having this high will make quite a bit of heat plus the X-12s dont need alot of drag brake unless that suits your driving style. Hope that makes sense. I run my X-12 13.5 at FDR 8.19 with 4dot, 3.5.6.2 on a med sized track and its Awesome!!!