R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Owen racing anodizing service Q&A
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 02:02 AM
rotarypower101
Tech Initiate

Hey guys I fired off a email about anodizing some B44 parts, when you get some time to review the mail, can you get back to me please?

Thanks..

Actually some of my question may apply to the people here, if you would permit me to ask them here for the benifit of others, I would think some might find them enlightening.

I see from some pics that perhaps tierods can be treated as well, is this true and if so does the material the tierod matter for your process? Can you process titanium? And is there any discrepancy in the colorization from that of aluminum?

Is your anodizing service “true” anodizing or is it more akin to the dying/colorization process? Are you using Sulfuric acid anodizing, or a different process?

I am also wondering if you are able to do the hard anodizing process?

How is the durability of your process? Can it be washed off with light/medium solvents, or does it resist and seal the parts well?

What size parts are you capable of processing if I were to need a part anodized in the future? I do a lot of prototyping aluminum parts, and could really use a good local anodizing service?
TIA