R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGT....Where is it at now?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:06 PM
FREAKAH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey, where you been !? You started this whole thing ya know !!

Good to hear about your track. Its sounding very positive so far.

Well, I'm glad my post helped bring the "RCGT" issues to light. Hopefully this discussion will help bring the class back to the glory days of "RCGT".
IMHO, I think this class is very important for the future of EP on-road as a whole as it seems to me, at least in my area, that racers don't seem to be getting any younger. Kids like trucks, so naturally the T-Maxx boom and now the SCT boom took all the attention with the remainder being swallowed up by the drift crowd. The realistic "RCGT" type classes, along with Mini, are the best chances EP on-road has to gain back, realistically, some of the attention.

As for our track's 17.5 GT class, things are going good so far with the rules OK for the time being. With the introduction of the Cirtix combo, i'd like to see our ESC rules evolve into a NO "Boost/Timing" capable esc ruling.
As for our 24mm tire rule.....so far so good. But I do see the declining availability of realistic 24mm wheels though. I remember back when we had quite a range of choices from manufacturers like Kyosho, SpeedMind, OFNA, Integy, Yokomo, Mugen, Tamiya and of course HPI. I usually don't buy premounts because the usual 5-spoked premount wheels are kinda OK for me BUT the Solaris multispoke wheels actually look nice. I would like to see more color choices than the typical white though.

Last edited by FREAKAH; 06-19-2010 at 04:37 PM.