R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGT....Where is it at now?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Don't worry about silver cans -- stick with your RCGT rig and the class will grow back around you. I will be back in RCGT next race under these new guidelines to try them out.

RCGT started as a 17.5 class and I don't see that changing. The only thing that threw it out of whack was the advanced ESCs and now that that's about to be over it'll be back to good times.

Run your 21.5 if you want though -- it really is a fun speed. A 21.5 with zero timing is about like a healthy silver can.
You know, sometimes it takes a few voices to make me really listen !! Any rubber tire on any realistic rim actually makes sense !! This is a drivers class. If you like slicks, get slicks...if you like treads,use treads. 24 or 26mm..blah, blah, blah....Its all about maintaining the spirit of the rules and the class. Yeah...I know...DUH !!
And trust me when I tell you that 21.5 is just as fun as 17.5. In it's element on shorter,technical tracks...the 21.5 is great. Hey Pete....I think we may have this figured out.
And by the way everybody, this may mean that GT is on its own without HPI's support but we'll see. All I can do is propose it and see what happens. Otherwise....what do we call this thing ??? Just "GT" sounds good to me.