R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brief (Daft) Tourer handling Question (TA05)
Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Mikkel_R
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andysan
Hi,

Have measured my droop all around via the following method (all I have in the way of a gauge is a HPI one):

This reads as 3mm all around.

When I attempt to measure the droop by lifting the car as described by FREAKAH I'm getting about 5mm on the rear (although not 100% certain as cant be completely accurate). What I'm confused by is if I had more droop wouldnt the left tyre stay in contact with the ground as the car rolls to the right for longer than if I had too little droop (i.e. the left tyre becomes unloaded when it is off the ground)? I've been trying to understand the concept from the free Hudy tuning manual hope it helps someone) and it says that priority should be to decrease front droop and not increase the rear for this problem (quick ref table on p54). My brain hurts lol!

Thanks!
As far as I understood droop is as you describe, the more droop you have the tyre coming off load when cornering will stay in contact the ground longer.

Next thing maybe to look at are your camber angles, toe settings and weight distribtion if you can, also make sure everything moves freely ie wishbones up and down with out shocks connected.