R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - El Cajon RC speedway in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar
Actually that site was home to three seperate business'. First was Cajon R/C Speedway run by Norm sullivan with his son. Second was M & L Raceway run by Mike and Larry. Lastly was Loki Hobbies and Raceway run by me (Mopar / Ed) and my partner Jim Hughes. Our Logo was a little viking dude with shield and sword raised. After Jim left to pursue other business, I continued with mom til we ended up closing a few years later. We had a 200' x 100' oval with a road coarse in the middle, this track was origonally a 1/4 mile midget oval in the 60's. The dirt track was 125' x 85' red clay. Best part of the dirt track was based on suggestions from a friend we added gypsum to the dirt to keep it from clumpping and packing and tires never wore out. All you need were a set of step-pin rears and any front you like to dial in the steering.
That's right!!! I remember Norm! that was who ran the track when I used to race there way way back in the day.. man what memories! As a matter of fact.. I have some pictures of me at the track back in 89!

Last edited by Cpt.America; 07-14-2010 at 09:41 AM.