R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors
Old 06-17-2010, 03:20 AM
JGH
Tech Adept

- Marco
Set-up for 416WE is very similar to 416X. The WE has a little more steering because of the rear diff position. I'm sure my basic set-up will do fine. Maybe you stand-up the shocks one more hole to get it easier to drive. Thinks like tyres, tyre treatment are more important then car set-up most of the time.

- Ali
Will see Atsushi in one and half week at the Worlds. I recommend the blue o-rings for the shocks. I don't know the meaning of 30-40-50.

- STLNLST
Outdoors I prefer the HotBodies springs. Most of the time silver or blue.

- Dane
Every shock brand is different, sometimes you can have 100 - 200 different.
This is the reason all TRF driver use the same oil brand so we have always the same starting point regarding shock/oil set-up.

- Artwork
The standard 416X chassis is still very competitive. However last week test for the worlds the whole team tested the new Lipo chassis with much success. The Lipo chassis is ofcourse lighter but also more narrow which allow you can run softer as the car can roll more without touching the ground. Don't know about the IIC race yet.

- Oliver
It depends on how much steering you want to have. Like the WE had the battery more forward which gave a little less steering but very easy to drive. But I prefer all weight in the center line and the Lipo battery in the rear.

- Shaunmac
The Vortex can handle temp of over 100 degree celsius. The best temp after a 5min race should be around 90 degree celsius.

Jilles