R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGT....Where is it at now?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Kinda surprised you jumped in there Charlie. I think it's cool that you would. I'm glad to see the various answers ....somewhere there has to be a common ground. Although I agree with Charlie in some ways....I also see the value in having to meet weight. TJ mentioned it earlier. For those that CAN have a light weight chassis and small electronics....the difference in performance can be noticed.....particularly if it's a more experienced driver. Again I'm going to use VTA as a resource. They're going to 1550 soon. So does anyone see a legitimate problem with 1500.......or are we gonna make reenmachine a happy guy and go to 1475 !?
BTW T.J.....what are you guys using at Village ??
I'd also like to add a thought. Weight limits as part of the standard rules are great and I see the value....but keep in mind it's just another variable that can be used ..or not. At the club level or by race organizer decision....this is another choice. The goal should always be to attempt living up to the standard but nobody is gonna pluck an eye out over it.