R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:45 AM
wingracer
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have nothing bad to say at all about the track, club or facilities. I thought everyone did a great job and loved the event. I do have a few suggestions for making it all even better in the future.

1. The program is just too darn long. Getting up at dawn and being there until sundown just to run for 10 minutes, rebuilding the car half the night, 5 hours of sleep and then back at it again the next day is just too much like work. This is what it was like for me even on the day or two when weather wasn't a factor. I don't know how to fix it but something needs to be looked at.

2. It would have been nice if some sort of pre-tech had been available before qualifying started. No, it isn't required but it would have been nice.

3. I am really starting to like events that run the mains on Saturday, leaving Sunday open for a travel day. This way, I only would have needed one week off instead of one week plus Monday off.

And finally, a few suggestions for the club to make an already great facility even better.

1. A tire truing station.

2. An air compressor that lasts.

3. A roof over the driver's stand.

Again, these are not requirements. I will gladly come back there to race again even without those things. These are just things you might want to think about for future improvements if finances allow. If not, keep doing what you're doing. You all did a great job.