R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Fast XXXS
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I ran into the same thing InspGadgt. I was running a 6.5 with very mild timing/turbo settings in an RS Pro on a track with a 250 ft straight. The car had great speed for the first few minutes, and then it would fall off quick. It was most noticeable on the straight. I think it was going into default mode and running un-sensored. I did the sensor wires check with the dim leds but they were always being read. I tried two motors and 4 sensor wires but none fixed the problem. I could pull into pit lane and have someone pick up my car to look at it and I was still getting full throttle to the esc (all the leds were flashing) but turbo never kicked in. If I turned it off and waited a minute or two and went back out it would do the same thing; good for a minute and then it would go back to default. Motor was about 160 after 6 minutes and the esc was only flashing 4 leds. The aggravating thing to me was it took so long to walk down the two flights of stairs an d around to pit lane that sometimes by then everything was back to working properly..lol It took me a while to realize what was happening.

No one else was running a Tekin at the race though. The other drivers were running SPX 8's with 4.5's
I had these problems but with a 17.5. The same as DaveW. I found it was from the signal fluctuating and the esc not picking up full throttle. I set the throttle highpoint (on my Helios) to 90, calibrated the esc then put it back to 100. Solved the problem. Now i calibrate my speedy everytime i change the settings to make sure this doesnt happen again.