R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Building a track in my backyard. ohh yeah!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Jimmy Avila
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Ok so I worked on it for about 7 hours today and I am so freaking tired! I guess unless you are a master rc track builder the drawing you make is not going to be exact to the finished track, as we layed the dirt out and started building the jumps I was running my slash on it to see if I needed to tweek the jumps or widen the lanes. I also watched some youtube videos of joey christensen showing you how to build your own track and so I did exactly what he did... I sat down on the front of a bobcat skid steer wearing a trucker hat and a bandanna around my neck and watered the dirt on the ground and just like that I had a professional rc track in my backyard!!! anyway as you build the jumps you need to build up 1 layer of dirt at a time and pack it down with a lawn roller then repeat until it is as high as you want it. I will probably extend the track more next month anyway I will try to post some pics tomorrow. check back!!