Thread: Motor Tuning
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 11:07 PM
xray racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Motor Tuning

hey ,

just wondering if any one would be interested in starting this thread.

i thought i would create a thread for people to share tips on tuning their motors.... i know there are specific threads and so on and so forth, but im talking about when people try things out themselves, just let people know what to do , and if it works or not like certain spring brush combinations and that sort of stuff.

i may aswell start it off with something i tried the other day.

not really sure if this made a huge im provement but it did cool a MOD motor enough for me to be able to touch it for a fair while after a 5 min race... which is usually not possibly without serious burns. i just got an ordinary chamois... ( the kinda rubbery synthetic ones, not the fluffy ones) and cut a piece off wide enough to cover the motor can and sewed it in a circle kinda like a sock u slide over the motors. Before the races i just had it sitting in a esky full of ice so it absorbed SOME water, but mainly got ice cold, and then before the race i slid it over the motor and installed it, and it seemed to work okay, and was still fairly wet @ the end of the race so it wasnt totally evaporated.

well there ya go, ive started it, so any one who has any tips on motor cooling, or tuning or anything, post it here

thanx ... robbie lloyd