R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 06-12-2010, 07:53 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Jim-Thanks for the post.

Body Cutouts
I thought I would address this from my perspective and invite discussion at the same time. First I will list ROAR rules on the subject. These may be different than IFMAR rules but often are mirrors of each other.
I found discussion under general body rules and then specific discussion under electric TC body rules.

General Body rules
6.1.10 Openings in the body other than those appropriate to full-size vehicle openings such
as grill, scoops, air vents, etc., must be kept to a minimum. Specifically servos,
receivers, batteries, and servo savers are not allowed to protrude through the original
body shell.

Electric TC
Body rules:
Bodies must resemble 2 or 4 door cars that have raced in a Touring Car series.
See Global Body Specifications below.
Wheel arch cut-outs: Maximum 9.5 mm over tire diameter.
The rear of the body may not be cut higher than 55mm above the measuring
surface with the chassis resting on 20mm blocks.
No windows may be cut out.

Firstly. No windows in electric TC's may be cutout. That is pretty clear. This is universally followed but often misread to include the whole bod.

"Specifically servos,
receivers, batteries, and servo savers are not allowed to protrude through the original
body shell."
That is pretty clear. Nobody does this except me on ocassion for experiments when I stick the speed control cooling heat sink above the body. I can live without that.

"Openings in the body other than those appropriate to full-size vehicle openings such as grill, scoops, air vents, etc., must be kept to a minimum." Now this clause gives us reason to peforate out wide pan bodies in a variety of places. I will list those that have been recommended to me. with appropriate photos.
Nissan, Perforation at top of the front fenders, Perforation along a drop in the hood line, both to increase front down force.
McAllister Nissan, Peugeout 905 B, Toyota GT1, Perforations below the rear spoiler, these reduce rear downforce. And the last picture a very smooth and vent free Porsche 962

continued on next post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Associated Nissan GTP body 001 Resized.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	603990   Click image for larger version

Name:	McAllister Nissa nNPT90.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	603991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toyota GT1 Body Cutouts 001 Resized.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	603992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche 962 body 001 Resized.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	603993  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 06-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.