R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:56 PM
nitro rat
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
The ECS assembly may reduce your off power steering because of how they free up the front drivetrain. You could try a little bit of antidive or some more rear uptravel to achieve a little more steering on entry. Keep in mind when you add antidive that you're reducing your caster and affecting your front ride height and uptravel. I'd at least reset your ride height and uptravel after adding antidive. (Note that I haven't tested much with antidive, but I've read that it works. Hope you don't mind being sort of a guinea pig for this as I won't get to race again 'til mid-July.)

If you're low on grip I'd also recommend some antisquat in the rear and standing the rear shocks up one hole on the tower. The antisquat will help the car rotate in the middle and on exit, but gives forward bite on exit. Standing the rear shocks up will give you back that side bite middle and out. Don't forget to check and reset your ride height and uptravel after adding antisquat, etc.

What setup did you start with? I tested the antisquat/shock angle last weekend on a low grip track starting with Paul's Reedy setup (minus the chassis). I didn't get to test the antidive, but that was next on my list.
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for all your replys. I started with Kit set-up and it had no low speed turning on our slippery track so i changed it. I layed the shocks over 1 hole as it had alot of on power steering (at high speed) but no low speed steering, The back would also step out under power so then I went to 1.3 swaybar upfront, and took one shim all round out of the roll center. This helped alot. The car is the fastest out there at the moment but on corner entry it pushes a little bit and on exit under power the back keeps wanting to step out. I was going to try run 2.6 springs up front. 2.4 springs on the rear with 30wt all around. I was also going to put the ecs drive shafts in.

Thanks for your help