R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ESC Suggestions
Thread: ESC Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 37racing
Thanks. New or used it doesn't matter. In trying to stick to a budget but I also want to be fast. We are not allowed to use reverse the reverse function is not important. As far lipo and brushless, yes, I do hope to move up to the VTA class at some point ... when i don't know, depends how well I get a hang of things.
Ok, that helps alot. First, assuming your club or track goes by VTA rules you'll eventually be looking at running the Novak 25.5 motor and a 2s Lipo. If you wanted to buy a new ESC and with VTA in mind, I'd recommend the Novak Havoc or Havoc Pro. You might even be able to find a used one here on rctech. Its legal for VTA, it has reverse with reverse lock out feature and it has Lipo cutoff circuitry. With that, you're covered in every way. You can also use it with your current brushed motor since it's designed for both brushless and brushed.

On the used end it's wide open if you just want something good for brushed motor/no reverse and no lipo. Personal choice is the Tekin G12C3. Plenty of used ones out there, top of the line performance and pretty darned bulletproof. Not the smallest of esc's but it also doesn't require a ballast can.
Novak GTB or GTX is good. LRP Quantums......and a bunch more !! Best bet is to stick with the big 3 companies...Novak, LRP and Tekin. Especially for the older brushed only esc's. You can find any of these on Ebay or here. Good Luck and yell if we can help.