R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Werks Power Clutch?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Werks
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redvet79
I came from on road cars 1/10 and 1/8 with centax clutch when I got out of on road due lack of places to run without a lot of travel and got my losi 8ight I put the werks clutch on with out even trying the losi clutch using the info from this web site http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/options/...werclutch.html. 2 ½ gallon with go engine GX-7R with Mod by RB-MODS. Set it and forget it other than blow it out with air gun and clean the Bell. Werks is as good as a centax any day…

Yep that's exactly how we got the idea! At that time I was pretty hard core involved in 1/8th on-road my self and thought that it would be awesome to have similar adjustability as we had with our cenax clutches but without all of the shimming, fly weights and of course thrust bearing which would not last 30 seconds in the dirt lol! The end result.... the Power Clutch! A realy simplified centaxish clutch for the dirt! Unfortuantely the off road guys still have a little bit of an issue understanding how it works lol but for anyone with on road experience after dealing with centax's the simplicity is like a god send!

Regarding when are the shoes worn out? Simply when you set the spring to the softest point and the engagement is later than you want!