R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX6
Thread: Mugen MBX6
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 AM
portyansky
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
can you share your technique not to go through the whole collection of available cusswords in the couple of minutes it takes to put each M4 nut back on? Maybe there's some kind of a solution I haven't thought about yet.

I try to pre-position the nuts with tweezers (usually takes 3/4 attemps and the nut falls on the floor somwhere) then I push towards the block with a screwdriver of some kind, at the same time I screw the hinge pin on hoping they're facing each other and I'll be able to get the first couple of threads in (again, 3/4 attempts with the nut sliding all over the chassis and getting stuck in remote locations). Once it's started screwing in (finall), I hold the nut with flat pliers, which forces me to bend the side protection outwards like crazy and of course it damages the nut shape... In the end it takes me a couple of minutes of frustration per side every time and the nuttier I get the longer it takes me. Can you suggest a better method? Thank god in the back I have the M2C setup otherwise I'd probably start throwing my car at the wall

thanks

PAul
Reversing it for sure makes life a lot easier. I have a set of bent forcepts. Still not easy, but i got it down. In the rear there is more room to work with, esspecialy on the truggy.