R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 PM
xray09ACT
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markiempje
Randy,

i actually did use max timing and max boost two weeks agoo for a race in Rucphen; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRBQnRHLBLQ
this however is a little nitro movie but does give a indication about the track.

motor became 80 degree C after a 7 min heat, so pretty nice! without this maxed boost and turbo i coudn't get to a proper speed with the LRP 10.5.
i did ofcourse start with a lower value to look at the temps but they never exceeded the 85C... so i think it is possible!

Mark
I generally like running max turbo now. i then use a lower turbo boost value and check the temps.
Found that it give more punch when at 1005 throttle. however remember this does depend on track layout.
Too much timing will make the motor bog down and sometimes even cog at low rpms.

The same principle apply from when randy first introduced this all to us:

1st motor end can timing. low speed
2nd timing boost. mid range
3rd turbo. top speed

start and end rpm determine where the mid range is applied

ramp rate dictates how quickly the mid range timing is applied: smoothness i would say.

Delay determines when the turbo timing is applied: again track size dependant, however i do like to run 0.0, but bare in mind that this only comes on when your finger hits 100% throttle, also depends on your gearing, generally gear for the midfeild which sometimes means that if you have a long straight the motor will mbe at max rpm for longer so watch those temps. increasing the delay generally reduces the temps due to the motor not being at 100% rpm for a shorter period.

NB: this works for me, no i'm not a grand master, i haven't won anything worth writing about (yet) so take it with a grain of salt if you wish.