R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
JIM1
Tech Adept

John

Raising the nerf wings up has worked a treat. They no longer rub the track and handling is much improved in the fast sweeper. I have yet to play around with the body shell position at the front as it does scrape sometimes but shouldn't be much of a problem to sort out.

I have also tested the Associated gold springs on the rear of my JS Pro. I ended up using the rears from an RC18B as they are longer and stiffer than the front ones. As I am using the rear springs on the front associated shocks it does not allow for any ride height adjustment due to the spring being to long and fully extending the shock. Fortunately though it sets the ride height of the main chassis to 8.5mm exactly where it needs to be to clear the bumps on my track. I run the rear pod around 7.5 and adjust the rear axle as the tyres wear which in turn keeps the main chassis at the correct level.
I needed to add a bump stop to stop the chassis bottoming out on the fast corners so have done this by inserting some fuel hose to the shock piston. It works well, the softer springs soak up the bumps better and the fuel hose acts as a damper when suspension is loaded up on the sweeper.
I have thought about cutting the springs down a little so that it gives me some adjustment on the shocks to get rid of some tweek but ill see how it goes this weekend before i do this.

Regards .....