R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGT....Where is it at now?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
charlie_b
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys, lets keep in mind, RCGT is a brand HPI created and is TRADEMARKED. So in order for it to be a TRUE RCGT class, the HPi Xpatterns is a must.
This doesn't mean it is the BIBLE of the realistic, scale classes, but it is a place to get a realistic, scale class started.
I understand there is a cost factor, etc...but i think in the spirit of RCGT, it was really meant for the guys who were NOT that hardcore, who loved real looking cars, and didn't expect to buy new sets of tires every run.
With that being said, RCGT should be a TRUE SPORTSMAN'S class. If ultimate speed and grip is what you are looking for, then the regular TC class is the one for you. If you are looking to be sponsored, the TC class is the way to go. I think RCGT is more of an enthusiast's class.
Now, obviously different race programs have different rules and that is understandable due to availability, etc. But i think the basics of RCGT should always be the platform for a successfull GT Class. If i made the rules universally, i would not allow the boosted esc's for this class and keep it non boosted, then again, all tracks are different.
If some tracks are considering using other tires rather than the XPATTERNS, then probably a name change is in order and keep the RCGT name/class and its integrity intact. The last thing you want to do is stray so far from it's original state that the class gets lost or saturated. That will be the END of RCGT.
I'd be glad to answer any questions regarding this. I think Bringing back the SCALE LOOK saved On-Road. It shouldn't be a difficult or complicated class, putting in a bunch of rules will just turn people off. If we keep it simple, consistent and FUN, any race program will Flourish.

THanx,

CB