R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warnos
Got a good testing session with the 120a with the 518 software in 21.5 and 17.5.. I think I am going to be converted no more using my Tekin.. The speedie has a little bit more down the straights then the tekin right at the end of the straight.. feels allot smoother and has more punch through the infield... man I can't believe I putting a $250+AUD speedie on the shelf for one that I purchased for under $100AUD off ebay as a backup.. awsome.

I am running no drag brake but the speedie seems to have more natural drag through the corners when compared with the tekin.

There is one problem I found (well not a problem just a diet issue).. far out this speedie is heavy.. on a Cyclone Exotek I had to go down to 4200 batteries from 5000 with 15g weight to be on weight with the tekin rs and had to slide the battery out to its wides setting to keep the car balanced.

Anyone running this speedie without a fan.. I know it states to run a fan when using the new firmware with adjustable timing.. I just thought a 120a might be able to handle 17.5 or 21.5 with the fan removed.

Cheers
Run the fan mate, it weighs bugger all compared to the ESC lol, why take the chance.