R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Jochim_18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The battery tray that rick built is sweet and looks really nice.. We both run at the RROC And he has no issues on the Delrin outdrive and battery tray that he made.

I got question to all E4 RS 09' user does anyone of you guys having any sort of handling issues primarily with the E4 RS 09' version of the car? Seems like the car got issue with oversteer and lack of rear end grip no matter what I do with the car I can't get It to get planted... I race the car this weekend for a club race setting up the car exactly the same as my original E4 for MOD and the car is just All over the place no matter what I do I can't get It to handle right.. But the first version of the E4 that I got was planted and handles like a dream and really easy to drive with the same setup.

I check both of the car and see what am I doing wrong setup wise with my E4 09' what I noticed with the E4 09' correct me if I'm wrong but when I measured the motor I noticed the motor was moved towards the front few mm and the motor was also raised few mm which also raised the COG of the car by moving the motor more towards the front will cause Balance and handling issues from front to back we already know E4 got tons of steering but with motor moved few mm toward the front the car tends to oversteer and lack of rear end grip.

On the orginal E4 the motor was really low and flush on the bottom of the chassis which gives you the lowest COG And with motor more towards the rear this gives you tons of rear traction without sacrificing steering.

In conclusion the original E4 was built better and handles way a Lot better than the E4 RS 09'... Just my 2 cents...