R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F103 Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 AM
kneedeeppow
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Csaari77
1. the syspension system,do different friction grease weights make a difference? Yes they do. you will want heavier weights as the grip level comes up on the track.

2.what would the best spur pinion combo be for
A silvercan
B 27T brushed
C 17T brushless
You will want to gear for rollout. For a silvercan a rollout around 50-54 is what you should gear for. It will depend on motor temp also. I am not sure about the other motors.

3.i hear replacing the rear diff with a 104 is a good move for not losing diff settings? if done,can only 104 rear wheels be used? No, you can still use f103 wheels and tires.

4.if using a 104 diff,can only 104 spur etc be used? Get a spur gear adaptor. They cost a few bucks and allow you to use any spur gear. Using an aftermarket spur will also add more balls to the diff, so it smooths it out a bit.

5.are there any options for differnt front ends or is the standard set up all good? The standard setup is all you need.

6. with tires,i hear harder fronts are the go. is that the case? Not sure. maybe someone else will chime in on this. I have only run the Tamiya premounts and they have been good whenever I have run them. I am not sure what hardness they are.
many thanks for the answers to my noobish questions. i am always appreciative for the knowledge shared by everyone on this forum. i cant wait to get my f1 running.will be a massive difference to my brushless 1/8 truggy