R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Frank McKinney
Tech Fanatic

Default Woohoo! Post up another win for the Pro 4!

Second night driving the car, using the venerable HPI SX-1 steering servo and awesome TX-1 radio (I'm waiting on my stuff to be shipped to the UK from CA) and still working out the teething problems. Trying to tweak the local boy's setup to my own style but it's a problem when your servo is .22 sec. speed and about 40 oz.

Ran mod...used the wrong tires, wrong shock setup, didn't set droop (no tools)...finished horribly in the first qualifier. Second qualifier, set droop (left rear a little more droop), spun out all over the place. In the main (the "D" for...make up your own word starting with 'd') I switched to better tires with softer inserts, didn't have time to change the shocks so I used the kit spring in the front, changed the droop setting to equal in the rear, found the damn dual rate knob on the radio, started late, drove through the competition and I won baby.

woohoo... yeah...

But it's still nice to go home a winner, no matter what. As Thad and I used to say - if you're gonna be in the C or D (or even B), you gotta win it baby! Heck I even got the shakes a bit after I passed the guys (kids) for the lead, then I tried to settle into Hara mode (if you've seen him or Masami drive you know what I mean)...I can't do Hara mode as well as he can but still tried to concentrate a bit more than usual. Being my first two full nights of actual TC racing in many moons (other than the past 2 Reedy races, this was the first time I've raced TC in about 30 months I think?)

The sweetest thing about this car is that it reacts to the setup changes, and you know it will make a difference when you make a change. So good job Erik, your baby's done you proud I'll leave off some of the obvious questions I have about the car haha