R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T2'007
Thread: Xray T2'007
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 AM
bencason
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCMADMAN
One of the guys at my club runs an Exotec chassis on his T2 008 So i would say you should be able to get one for yours
I have checked the Exotek site and did not find a 007 bottom chassis plate listed. I left an email for them asking if one was available.

Originally Posted by 1101
I thinks a 006 can be used. the holes seem to line up.
I'm doing the 006chassis onto 007 car swap this weekend so I'll know for sure then.
The Xray cross-reference says the only chassis plates that fit a 007 are the ones for a 007. Let me know how it goes for you.

Originally Posted by alecladanga
an 009 EU bottom plate won't fit the 007 EU. I jumped from 007 EU to 009 EU.

you could check the xray website and download the cross reference parts list if you want to be sure about everything.
Thanks for the idea. After some searching, I did find the cross-reference and found out that Xray wasn't going to be much help. According to them, all I can do is switch between 007 EU and US bottom plates. Sigh. Maybe Exotek will be a choice.

I plan to talk to the other 007 Xray drivers at the local track [there are several] to see if anyone still has the stock plate now that they switched to the Exotek and would they sell me one for a reasonable price. Nexus wants a $100 for the 007 EU chassis. I bought my 007 for only a little more so that is just too much $. I'll try to find a used chassis in better shape than mine.

Last edited by bencason; 06-05-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: fix typos and add another thought