R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy tire help
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Stubbs
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiskyshooter
Hey guys I am looking for some help with tire choice. Right now I am running the proline caliber m3. Seems not 2 bad but wears out fast. The track I run on is a sort or clay sand base. The track will clean up to a hard pack with a light dust on the race line most of the time.
What is the outdoor temp in your area? Above 85-90, you may want to try M2 Calibers. You'll get better tread wear, and may not notice a significant decrease in traction.

My local track is red clay, hard pack, with light dust in the groove when dry. We try to keep the cushion somewhat moist between heats, but the groove stays dry. I've found that JConcepts Crosshairs blue (soft) compound has excellent traction, and outstanding wear. I've got twice as much run time on them as I do my M3 Calibers, and they're just beginning to show signs of wear. I'd feel very comfortable putting 2 or even 3 more race days on them before even thinking of downgrading them to practice tires. We run (3) six min. heats, followed by 20 or 25 min. mains at my track.

Cityblocks are generally a good all around choice (I have soft and med. in my tire bin), but the JC and M2 Calibers may work for you as well.