R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ko BMC Speedo
Thread: Ko BMC Speedo
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 PM
macdude
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Guys, just adding "boost", "delay", "rpm engagement", etc is a lot more detailed them most would think. Getting it right takes time, it's not something that can be done overnight.

KO Japan has lots of other projects that they have been working on before the new advanced timing came up that must be completed. As they do work on making our current system better, the engineers have a lot on their plate. These things take time. The ROAR spec was a quick and easy feature to add into the ESC and that is why it came to market so quickly.

The most I can say is that we are sorry that we haven't brought the advanced timing feature to market as quickly as you (or myself) would have like to have seen it.
Ok that is fine, but I really want to know about the decision to limit the flashing of firmware to a hands on only operation. I understand the concerns, but for most the inconvenience of sending something away to have and "update" is a little much. Like I said before on here if you want us to pay to get it that is fine, but just let me install it myself. If there are others that would rather send in the controller you could have this option too. But when 5 out of 6 or 7 Speed control makers are allowing this there is a pretty good precedent set. I am not saying that there would not be risk, but I think it is out weighted by most users ability.