R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM
YoDog
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hello all,
I thought I'd get back to you all regarding the LiPo trays and Delrin outdrives for the TM spools.
Testing during the RROC last weekend went great! The new parts worked flawlessly with zero failures. The delrin outdrives made the car much smoother than ever with minimal front chatter. The dogbone pins looked like new and there was vitually no signs of wear on the outdrives.
I have a batch of these outdrives available for $10 per pair + shipping.
I used the aluminum LiPo tray on my car as well. This new tray has no problem with the larger batteries as I have designed them with a 47x138mm cavity.
The trays will only be offered in aluminum at this time as the minimum weight limit for TC has be reduced to 1425 grams and the heavy trays are no longer needed.
The cavity on the new trays allow the battery to sit just 1.5 mm from the bottom of the chassis and will accommodate strapping tape for added security. If your batteries have humps, no problem as the trays are cut to accommodate the humps to allow the pack to sit low in the tray providing the lowest CG possible.
The trays are selling for $45 each + shipping.
If you would like to place an order, please paypal me at [email protected] and I will get them out to you ASAP.
I am offering free shipping for those who want to purchase both the outdrives and a battery tray in one shipment.
If there is a demand for delrin trays, I will consider machining them as well for added flex and chassis tuning. (same pricing)
One added note about the outdrives: These will use the same retaining ring as the plastic diff outdrives rather than a sleeve over the delrin. This allows extra room for the dog pins and are readily available with the car kit and TM parts sources.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0477 comp.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	600521   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0475.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	600522