R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 PM
morgoth
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shark413
Morgoth, I put the buggy on the scale and it came out to 6lbs 5oz with no body, wheels or battery. Keep in mind I am running aluminum front/rear carriers, steering top plate, I run a bigger 2200kv truggy motor, extra center chassis brace, mech brakes/extra servo and clutch. So it can be a lot lighter if that's what your looking for.

I'm running the 2200kv too. I'd like too have mech brakes in my ride but I don't know if I should go for Mugen tekno or losi tekno. I bought my for with a load of hop ups and spares for a little money. But I have always been a fan of the Mugen mbx6 and it looks sick with the Tekno kit. But my wallet doesn't like switching to an other car
I how do you like the tekno chasis? It seems a lot stiffer than the stock one. Especially with the extra brace. I guess that clutch is really good for smoothing the 2200kv out.
I'll put mine on the scale on the scale too see what it weight without body and tires.

Mini is RTR without tires, lipo and body 5lbs 11oz. Is a bit lighter but no clutch, servo etc.

Last edited by morgoth; 06-02-2010 at 02:31 PM.