R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Sith Lord
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default T3 Debut

Upgrading from a faultless T2008, my debut with the T3 didn't quite go to plan.....

Open practise, the 2 screws on the one piece arm mount came loose causing a total front end failure. Later also found out the little pins in the CVD's had backed out causing major damage (binding) of the front 2 CVD's. Much filing later I got them working again in time for Heat 1. Warm up laps, I lose it into the barrier to break a front outdrive. Later find out that the screws holding the front shock tower had backed out. Did this cause my error? Maybe? So i find a replacement outdrive, tighten up ALL the screws, give it a test blast on my table and notice the another pin on the front CVD's is loose. Replace both pins, apply thread lock and make it out to Heat 2. Now the rear pin comes loose.DNF again. Qual Dead last obviously but get the car re-built and I only make 3 laps. To be honest I can't remember what came loose that time, but something did....... Got the SH&%#, packed up and went home.

Was I extremely unlucky? Any tips on tightening the CVD's? Should I be using thread lock on the general screws going into the Arm Mounts and other alluminium components?

Cheers
Ian