R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Goingfast
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
I wasn't trying to insult anyone. More than half a millimeter on a machined part has nothing to do with the size of the company. I am just informing. That implies giving facts. Sorry. And this thread is the place to give facts about this car, other than "wow I love the car in the picture, it rocks!" etc.

I think M. Cyrul is delighted to hear the opinion of people who actually saw the build in person, just like any other customer. The car is very, very cleverly designed, I am just stating that on that one kit, there was small defects on manufacturing. This is a high end TC or what? The manufacturing is expected to match the performance, IMO. So while it is NOT a big obstacle to the assembly, especially considering this car is aimed at skilled racers, it has to be mentionned to give objective information. Period . Just sit back, relax and let M. Cyrul handle this if he wants to.

Back on topic, my friend entered his first race with the car and I think he's happy with it. He just tried to get a feeling before changing too many things.

The 2 screws that hold the graphite part holding the spur gear assembly both got loose and caused him to ruin a spur gear. I think since they screw in steel they deserved a dab of threadlock and a generous tightening. Since that he didn't have any other problem.

I tried the car at the end of the day and liked it. I did not fell in love with it like I did when I tried his previous car (xray) but the feeling was good and it took me just a few laps to be able to drive it clean.
I'm glad to hear your feedback....positive input