R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
JIM1
Tech Adept

OK guys, here are some pics of my new JS Pro10.

The car is a real improvment over the standard GenX10. I was having to fight to keep an 8.5 under control before but now I can run a 4.5 even using John's setup which is set mostly for high grip. I have clocked it at 58mph without really trying and that's getting on the power a third way down the straight due to the car feeling a little un-settled before I nail it (something which I need to sort out). Car feels stable at speed, I am using the HMS Group C P-Type body and it fits perfectly.
The track I use is pretty bumpy and medium to low grip and at this time of year is covered in pollen. The car handles the bumps so much better especially through the sweeper and on power, although I have had a problem with the left nerf wing scrapping the ground as a lot of flex is generated using a high downforce body.
Due to the fully dampened suspension it is now possible to hit the brakes pretty hard without it spining out, something that seems to be avoided with standard pans.

I took John's advice and went with the SPX8 as my SXX TC spec died. I was a bit concerned as to how smooth this 1/8th ESC would be as my Losi Xcelorin powering my 5s Losi 8ight is pretty poor at very low speeds (then again, the motor is much bigger and sensorless). I can say that the SPX8 works very well and is just as smooth as the SXX and far easier to set up due to fewer profiles. It doesn't even break a sweat in operation and as John stated before it allows you to concentrate on motor temps.
I have converted the rear axle to Acer Ceramic Nitride Pro Series bearings and diff balls, also using a thrust bearing for increased durability and smoothness and with the lightweight diff rings that John supplies the result is superb.

The only problem I have come across with the JS Pro10 is the scrapping of the left nerf wing going through our sweeper. Bearing in mind that our sweeper is very bumpy and banked higher than a velodrome it is expected. The body post bolt actually takes the punishment untill there is nothing left but this hitting the ground drastically effects the handling.
My possible cure to this problem is shown in the picture above but I have not had the chance to test it yet. It involves raising the nerf wings up higher using a carbon piece which also adds some support to the nerf wings to stop them flexing as much. The main chassis itself does not drag the track if set to 6.5mm front and 8.5mm rear. The rear pod on worn tyres sits at about 5mm and does not drag.

Regards......more to follow.