R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts on reduced throttle EPA settings
Old 05-31-2010, 08:35 AM
fleggasaurus
Tech Adept

Hi Looper

I started racing 2 years ago and one thing I did which I think was very smart was use small inserts that gave me more than enough power to get me around the track.

Running small inserts like 6 or 6.5mm in buggy and 6.5 or 7mm in the truggy when I first started racing I think was the best thing a newbie could do as it made you drive the car and choose your lines. Soo many times I see new guy's running 9mm inserts flat chat and they're not improving with their driving because they're constantly on their lid or overshooting corners.

I'm not trying to sound cocky but I have improved greatly in my driving and now to attempt to keep up witht he quicker guy's, I'm having to go bigger in inserts for the more power to clear technical jump sections that you can't do with smaller inserts and to get out of corners faster aswell.

I was always known as the guy that could do 10 min qualifiers without a pitstop and that was due to the smaller inserts. I did gain some time on others without requiring a fuel stop but now that i've stepped up in my driving, I can make up the extra fuel stop on the track now.