R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fukuyama Batteries
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 06:56 PM
itchynads
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jaybo
there is a nimh charge mode on it... it's just that it's not really adjustable

time for a new charger anyway methinks

ive killed 3/4 of my elcheapo stickpacks already (got them 4 for $100!)... i dont really wanna kill these new packs
The Ionic charger MAY be able to charge the Gp 3300s but I would not risk it unless you have absolutely no choice.

Bear in mind that when the Ionic was released, GP3300mAH NiMh batteries were not available. The NiMH mode on the charger is most likely tuned to the older Sanyo/Panasonic 3000NiMH batteries which had different characteristics.

It does not however offer adjustable peak settings which may mean that the battery may be overcharged or undercharged.

It also lacks a 5 or 6A charge rate which is necessary to get the best performance out of the GP batteries.

I also suspect you don't have a separate discharger which is what the Ionic lacks.

You will need to discharge your batteries down to 5.4V after use to keep them in good shape.

If you are in the market for a good all in one charger with discharge functionality, take a look at an Eagle CDC 6.0B unit. Tt does just about everything and is available at a very good price.

Last edited by itchynads; 03-02-2004 at 07:01 PM.