R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:08 PM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Heavy center drive shaft = Gyro effect thus stabalizing your buggy at all times.

Now I see what you plan to do. But I still hope to see pictures of the different stages of the process. The lathe in action. Interesting though I believe the long one piece heavier drive shaft will behave very much like a gyro and completely stabalize your buggy during air time and cornering and even gunning it down the straight aways. I imagine the massive RPM's this steel center drive shaft will achieve will definitely act as a gyro, and being that it's dead center in the very middle of the buggy, is completely ideal. will be very interesting to see the difference a buggy with a gyro will handle. The benefits should/could be incredible. This could be the trick mod, and completely discovered by accident.

Originally Posted by ambo
Hmmm, very good thinking MindThoughts. That idea is truly worthy of exploring it's full potential. Well, I will go old school by making the whole CVD front/dogbone rear center shaft in steel. I know that the rotational mass of the center shaft will increase but the benefits will outweigh the cons. I have access to a lathe so it will turn true. BTW, I already did this when I chewed up the aluminum end of the center shaft when I didn't put the proper spacer (fuel tubing LOL) up front. I only put it in the rear diff so it mangled the aluminum. It will be a very loooong center shaft when it's done....(it's still the same as the old one...)