R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:11 PM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Hyper 9e Center Drive Shaft Modification from DogBone/Drive Pin to CVD. Awesome

Originally Posted by ambo
Just finished rebuilding my Hyper9E and will be doing the front CVD mod and top chassis brace in a day or to. Here are some pix. (sorry for the dirty work mat...)
Hi Ambo,

I can't wait to see this modification. can you please take pictures of the different stages of the process involved in making this modification. for one, I can't even begin to imagine how you're going to connect the CVD(Continuously Variable Drive axle) to the center Drive Shaft, and also; then to the part the drive cup use to connect to. This is very exciting. By the way, I wanted to mention to you. I was talking with an engineer and he said the CVD modification is the choice upgrade and most effiecient design solution, and the simplest solution. But I guess you already know that. well, I tip my hat to you sir. You really got this one right. Now if we can just get Ofna to make this center drive shaft update with the CVD at one end would just be awesome. Otherwise, we'll all have to send you our center drive axles and you'll be making a bundle of cash.