R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
I would probably not run setting 9 at 1. All that would do is make the car have a ton of torque and no top speed. Also it would negate the timing change system. Why bother having the new software if you are not going to use it?

With 205 we used 26 degrees flat line thoughout the range with no troubles. So why not have setting 9 at say5-8? I would not run any turbo though. I would make the start rpm very high and setting 15 should be quite a high to keep it cool.

But to be honest a 3T would be no good however you set it up. Europes best drivers were using 4T+ from what I have seen in reports on that huge track. Rubber tyres can only grip so much.

Mike
Mike...item 9 is on 0 degree because using 100422 software on 3T or 4T motor, we are relying on item 12 and 15 (supercharger related) for the extra timing that will replaced the item 9 timing compare to using software like 205g that has no supercharger feature.

If we add DMTS timing like 12* on item 9, then we have to force to turn down (or even off) item 12 and 15, to close to nothing in order NOT to blow up the 3T motor....but if we are replying on item 9 for timing, really, why bother to use the 100422 software? Simply use the 205g with item 9 on 9* and run the motor.

That setting above was submitted by SP drivers over Europe for start up. I did that on my 4.5T motor at a 225 foot track and there are no such thing is too much torque. I can't last more then 3 laps cause my Sweep 36 tires were off the rim...seriously.

For your information, Supercharger/TURBO on MOD motor is the new game...take a look at the recently overed ETS race that Hara won, Marc and Vikter 2nd and 3rd, using SP V3 4.0T motor and GT2 with Supercharger software....without turbo or supercharger, you are not even close to being ready to race. 205g won't cut it...