R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Corally RDX Phi 09
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
weekendracer_uk
Tech Regular

Well after the hottest weekend of the year here in the UK im well toasted but well worth it as i won the latest round of my local clubs summer series in the 17.5/27t class.

Set FTD on 18/311 with second coming in on 17/300 , as the weather was so good with 32c air temp ( far to hot for me ) we ran 3 leg finals with best 2 to count.

1st leg got a good lead of half a lap at mid point only to be tagged by a lapped car and recovered by a marshal dropping me to 5th or 6th but fought back to take 2nd just 2.5 seconds behind the winner.

2nd leg and a stupid mistake by me ment i was fighting back from rear of the field again and taking another 2nd which left 3 of us tied on 4 points ( other 2 drivers had a win and a 3rd ).

3rd leg and all to play for and at last everything goes right from buzzer to buzzer for a much needed win. I took the out right win thanks to my FTD as myself and another driver tied with a win and a second each.

Had to work for it and do things the hard way, may only be a local club series meeting but im well happy with the result. Not going to post a setup as im still not 100% happy with the car but im getting there even if i am alittle race rusty and prone to the odd stupid mistake.