R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Quantum2 or GT7 - Help !! quick
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Punkynutt
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Don't get fooled by the adverts of certain company's. Take a look at your local track and go with what the fast guys are using.
I can honestly say that LRP is not an option for me because their esc's feel like an on/off switch. Try using that with an 8 single!
I've been using Novak products for over 10 years now and haven't had any trouble with them so far. I'll probably be using Novak for the remainder of my "carreer"

Regards
Most racers here are using all sorts of stuff, like always, South Africa seems to be the dumping site for so many outdated equipment and electronics.

Most guys run older LRPs and few GT7 and a few use Nosram. I also use Nosram. This is why I opted to ask the question internationally. Of interest, Nosram is owned by LRP. The new Nosram Dominator Evolution and the LRP Q2 is almost identical. Both are waterproof ??

The only reason why I'm not opting for a Nosram is that I can't import it from anywhere. Locally it would cost around $260, where as the GT7 is $150 all costs included when imported. The diffence is way too much, I'd rather spend $110 on hop ups etc.

Thanks